History of Caring

History of Caring

The Winnipeg Clinic, the first of its kind in Manitoba, was founded in 1938 by the late Dr. Paul H. T. Thorlakson, to provide excellence in medical advice, treatment and therapies to patients in a caring and compassionate environment. These words would soon become the mission statement for the Clinic. Seven decades later, operating under the same mandate and downtown location, the Winnipeg Clinic is now home to over fifty practicing physicians representing more than twenty specialties, in addition to X-ray and other diagnostic services, each available on site.

State-of-the-Art Facility

The Clinic is owned and operated by the physicians who are active on a daily basis in the delivery of multi-disciplinary medical services. Expansions to the original building in 1947 and 1962 resulted n the present 12 storey structure which has been long recognized as an architectural landmark in the downtown area. Recent upgrades to the 75,000 square foot building ensure the Winnipeg Clinic offers both patients and physicians a state-of-the-art facility, well equipped to meet the competitive demands expected of the industry.

Respected as one of the largest multi-specialty clinics in Canada, the Winnipeg Clinic offers a wide range of diagnostic facilities and health related services ensuring that its more than 1,000 patient visits per day are treated with dignity, care and respect.

The downtown Clinic location is well served by Winnipeg transit routes and offers nearby parkade and surface parking for the convenience of patients.

The Winnipeg Clinic is also partner to a satellite walk in clinic in suburban Winnipeg. A number of commercial tenants such as pharmacy, physiotherapy, Dynacare lab, and vision care centre occupy convenient space in the Winnipeg Clinic complex.